HOW TO REACH NAPLES CITY CENTER FROM NAPLES AIRPORT
Buses (called Alibus) run from the Airport to Piazza Garibaldi (train station) or Piazza Municipio (Port); the ride takes about 30-35 minutes, depending on traffic conditions, and it costs € 5. Tickets can be bought on board. Alibus can be found right outside the arrivals area.
For timetable and tickets
Do always request the predetermined fare (Tariffa predeterminata) when taking taxis (this is available only for some routes and must be requested before the journey)
HOW TO MOVE IN THE CITY
Do use Metros, funicolare and other public transports to move around Naples. See map of public transports
Caution: Naples is generally a safe city, nevertheless, as in all locations that attract large numbers of tourists, beware of pickpockets, particularly around the Train Station area. Try not to carry valuables and documents, and, if you do, put them in a safe place.
Useful tips to protect yourself against the heat
Naples has been affected by an extraordinary heat wave, we advise to protect yourself from the heat, particularly during the excursions.
We advise to:
- Wear clothes made of natural fibres, that are not tight-fitting, and preferably light-coloured;
- Protect yourself with a hat and sunglasses;
- Protect your skin from sunburn with sunscreen with a high protective factor;
- Carry small bottles or flasks of water and drink even when you do not feel dehydrated;
- Limit consumption of drinks with added sugar, coffee and alcohol.