Naples has attracted visitors over the centuries. It was one of the main sites included in the Grand Tour. Today, the Historic Centre of Naples is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Below are listed the “must see” locations while you are in Naples.
1. The Old Town Centre and Decumans
2. The Naples Archaeological Museum
3. Castel dell’Ovo and the Lungomare
4. The Royal Palace and Piazza Plebiscito
5. Capodimonte Museum
7. Museums of the University Federico II
and many more…
In Naples we recommend:
- Do put your valuables and documents in a safe place. As in all locations that attract large numbers of tourists, beware of pickpockets
- Do plan some time to have a pizza
- Do taste a sfogliatella
Climate and local time
Naples has a Mediterranean climate, with mild winters and warm to hot summers. The average temperatures in July/August are between 28°C and 35°C, drinking water regularly is advisable.
The time zone in Naples is CET (Central European Time).
Picture above: Naples and its Mediterranean harbour in the Tavola Strozzi (1472), attributed to Francesco Rosselli; Museo Nazionale di San Martino, Naples. Public domain. Source Wiki Commons